Website Terms & Conditions
CSFLeak.info is run by the Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak Association, a UK-based Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, trading as the CSF Leak Association, to promote awareness of, and make available information relating to, CSF leaks and intracranial hypotension.
All information provided on this website, along with any articles, factsheets, publications and other information or channels available from or through it, is intended as a general informational resource only and may support, but must not be used in place of, the relationship between you and your doctor or any other healthcare professionals.
You must always consult a healthcare professional if considering embarking upon, ceasing or changing in any way your medication or treatment.
We hope you enjoy using our website and find all the information you are looking for. If you have any comments or would like to see anything else on the site, please contact us.
Access to, and use of, this website is provided subject to the following:
1. Use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately upon your first use of the site. The CSF Leak Association reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access www.csfleak.info
2. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Notices of changes will be posted on this page. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use or in discussions with your healthcare professionals. Any other use always requires the prior written permission of the CSF Leak Association.
4. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this website or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use.
5. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this website by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
6. The CSF Leak Association reserves the right to delete or amend any posting, article or other information featured on or available through this website, at any time, for any reason.
7. The CSF Leak Association does not promise that functions contained on www.csfleak.info will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.csfleak.info or that the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs. Under no circumstances will the CSF Leak Association be liable for any of the following losses or damage: loss of data; loss of revenue or anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; losses suffered by third parties; or any indirect, consequential damages arising from the use of www.csfleak.info regardless of the form of action.
8. The CSF Leak Association has checked with sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information on this website that is accurate, comprehensive, and timely at the date of publication. However, human error and changes can and will occur. The CSF Leak Association expressly disclaims any representation or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, comprehensiveness, or suitability of the information for a particular purpose. The CSF Leak Association has produced this website and all information and documentation contained therein in good faith and is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or results obtained from the use of the information herein. This website, along with all information available on or through it, is not and must not be considered as an alternative to consultation with healthcare professionals.
10. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
12. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access, nor add to, the contents of this site and therefore must cease using this website immediately.
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site may offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages, comment forms or website payments cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence and to save you filling out all of the form fields next time around.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. Cookies in relation to these analytics may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you. Search words used to find the website may also be tracked.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Twitter, Facebook, Google+, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then please contact us.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Our standard terms and conditions for competitions can be viewed here.
Mobile App Terms & Conditions
Our standard terms and conditions for our mobile apps can be viewed here.